“To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.”
― Bruce Lee
Over the past 10 years I have done a mixture of training regimes, diets, supplement abuse etc, as most of us have done by the time we reach 30. So here are 20 tips for now to get you started;
1. Dont follow a program to the letter. A program is a template, sets and reps are guidelines.
2. Eat plenty of greens, add some butter, sea salt and lemon on them to spice them up a they are boring as sh*t.
3. Lift heavy weights with good form.
4. Go for a walk, get some fresh air – it helps to clear the mind.
5. Do follow a program if you are new to strength training.
6. Get a coach who can lift and show you how to lift.
7. Time your rest if your training sessions take over 90 minutes when they should take 45.
8. Drink a half a pint of water in the morning, it kick starts the engine.
9. Dont stress about trying to get 7 meals a day in, if you are not hungry dont eat.
10. Focus on your goals and what you want, not others.
11. Eat good sources of protein regularly.
12. Aerobic work will help you get stronger.
13. Have good sex with your partner. Sexual activity is an integral part of human life and can have many health benefits.
14. Lifting for reps will increase your work capacity and help you to get stronger.
15. Use a belt when lifting above 85-90%, this is not cheating.
16. Carbs are not the devil. Fats are not the devil. Proteins are not the devil.
17. The female race are becoming stronger, this is a good thing.
18. Everyone is different.
19. Take part in yoga and stretch.
20. Don’t be afraid to take a few days off training, you will not get weaker.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
― Bruce Lee
Thanks for reading
Until next time